Produce a generation of emotionally-resourced young people, who exhibit integrated positive values and who are inspired with hope, passion and enthusiasm for developing healthy communities.
To be the premier values-education training provider in Australia: permeating all layers of local communities through collaboration, thought-leadership and a proven action-based paradigm.
Our Founding Directors began VITAL ProJeX with more than 100 years of combined experience in working to produce highly successful outcomes for disadvantaged young people right through to developing young leaders and enhancing their families. Since that first day, we’ve grown to become a recognised and celebrated Australian charity.
Board of Directors
We are headed by a Board of Directors and Management team, both being made up of men and women of excellent experience from the business and community sectors. We have trained 100’s of youth workers who positively impact 1,000’s of young people and their futures. And of course we would be nowhere without our amazing supporters and volunteers.
- Michael List, Chairman
- Russell Wright, Managing Director
- Mark Drager, Secretary
- Karin Hanbidge Director
- Joe Ernst Director
….together we are the VITAL Family
Russell and Cheryl Wright
VITAL ProJeX began as a concept 35 years ago when Russell Wright began as a high school youth worker in Ipswich, OLD. He quickly recognised an enormous need in the community for values-based education, so he began researching how to best relate to young people in a way that values would not just be taught, but actually modeled and experienced. He soon saw the results in his work: young people were both finding value in others and also integrating values into the way they lived their lives.
Russ Wright developed VITAL to be more than just a program – it is an authentic community experience which allows people to explore the unlimited potential of themselves and those around them. The results of this are powerful.
In 2004, VITAL ProJeX began as a flexible training department under YFC Australia. Through this, Russ began training youth workers to use the No Limits program. In 2012, it was time for VITAL ProJeX to become an independent organisation in its own right.
Today Russ and Cheryl both continue to pour their hearts, energy and passion into VITAL ProJeX and its mission, as they have been doing for many years.
Meet the Team...
- Works approx 0.5 days/week partly self funded Played the major role in the design and process of the successful UnLimited program Multi-skilled as a counsellor, previous teacher and chaplain. Andrea is amazing to work with and her wicked sense of humour adds to her flavour.
- Works 2 days/week Manages office procedures and accounts Cheryl's expereince of previously managing a busy insurance office and over 30 years operating now 3 not-for-profit organisations makes her expereince invaluable. Cheryl has also played a valuable role in facilitating and developing the V.I.T.A.L. Paradigm over many years.
- Works 3 days/week Manages the many and varied projects we run, produce or in development. Manages website and mailings. PR and Resource management. No Limits and V.I.T.A.L. Training Facilitator. Colleen is another invaluable gem in our team who fits this unique role like a glove.
- Works 3 days/week- self funded Marketing, Strategy Development, Technical Support, Resource Development, PR. Carl's unique and vast skill set and experience working within not-for-profit organisations has been to VITAL ProjeX gain.
- Assists with strategic planning, adapting training programs, manages Board business and procedures and other details. Adventure based Instructor for No Limits V.I.T.A.L. Training Facilitator Mark is passionate about using the VITAL training paradigm to help all people, teams and organisations and he uses this training and expertise to multiply the impact on lives. Mark has been an invaluable asset to V.I.T.A.L. ProJeX in its consolidation and future.
- Works 5 days/week. Program Developer Trainer for Train the Trainer Designer of the No Limits program Co-writer/Consultant of the UnLimited program V.I.T.A.L. Training lead Facilitator.
We also have an incredible team of management staff and training facilitators who are working each and every day to see young people reach their potential in life.
“An unreflected experience is a lost experience.”
– Russ Wright, Managing Director